Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stephen Appleby-Barr

This is Stephen, one of my closest friends. The girl in the photo is my room mate Adrienne, who happens to be Stephen's girlfriend.


Back in 2005 I moved into a studio apartment up at Dupont and Ossington, and Stephen was my next door neighbour... At first we didn't really like each other, but after about a year we were ok with each other, then we eventually became friends. When I moved back from Italy and had nowhere to stay, Stephen and the rest of the Team Macho guys let me sleep under their ping-pong table... I would often wake up to the sound of the guys playing ping-pong, which is more relaxing than you would expect...


Anyway, the point of the story is that tomorrow (Thursday) night, Stephen has a solo show of his paintings at Narwhal Art Projects. It's his second solo show, although he has done several shows as a group with Team Macho... Anyway, his work is really good, so if you are free, you should come. I'm linking all of the show info, it can be found..... HERE!

3 comments:

Tony Burhouse said...

Hi Nick,
I was wondering if you'd seen the new David Attenborough 'Life' series. Watching all those incredibly close up detailed shots of minuscule frogs and the like, I can't help but think of your drawings. If you haven't I'm sure you'd find it most rewarding.

http://www.davidattenborough.co.uk/dvds/life_in_cold_blood.php

All the best

Nicholas Di Genova said...

Strange coincidence, I was watching the episode on fish when I saw your post...I'm SO excited the BBC is doing this, David Attenborough is the best:)

Ben Dugas said...

That is one ghetto looking ping pong table.